Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as CAD, CAM, or CATIA
- Uses computer-assisted design/drafting (CATIA V5 2D Drawing) equipment and software to develop part layouts.
- Converts existing production drawings to AutoCAD/CATIA 2D Drawings.
- Uses computer-assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop part layouts.
- Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts, or notes provided by engineering.
- Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices
- Combines various details from sketches, drawings, or blueprints and makes required calculations.
- Works from previous drawings, layouts, detailed sketches, notes, verbal instructions, and standard references directed by engineers.
- Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of the product.
- Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards, and ECN/ECR documentation.
- Works with system management including file maintenance, backup, and storage.
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawings, checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, the relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to the whole structure/ project, ensuring completeness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of machined parts and products.
Other Job Duties:
- Organizes drawings as packages to be used for quoting and other needs for manufacturing purposes.
- Maintains and organizes drawings.
- Prints/files engineering documents according to instructions.
- Empties mylar boxes and file mylars; maintains mylar cabinets.
- Creates labels to establish and organize files in filing cabinets.
- Scans documents/mylars into the Lamsco Manager system (ERP).
- Oversees/maintains 5 S procedures in Engineering Department.
- Supports and handles all LMT/MYLAR requests for manufacturing.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Requirements: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience with the development, management, and release of drawing packages, including performing drawing reviews and leading drawings through the release process
- At least one (1) years of current CATIA V5 2D/3D design and drafting experience
- High school diploma and Associate degree (A.A.) in Computer Aided Drafting from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Must have high skill level in AutoCAD mechanical software
- Strong expertise in mechanical design and subsystems packaging
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to read blueprints and have experience using GD&T
- Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to be able to read and interpret documents (i.e., safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, procedure manuals)
- Ability to write routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Adobe PDF
- Track record of performing the job safely and complying with company safety rules and procedures
- Has a track record of getting along well with others
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage personal workload with a demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
- Must be customer oriented and driven to meet or exceed expectations
- Must be able to work scheduled shift and meet company attendance requirements
- Must be able to work extra hours and/or modify work hours on short notice if production deadlines require it
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Correctable vision and hearing
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, hear, talk, bend waist and neck, squat, twist neck and waist, use hands to grasp, manipulate, push, pull and reach, and able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver successfully through a 37,500 square foot, manufacturing facility with mezzanines
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation for newly hired employees
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
And more:: Apply now and be part of the Lamsco Team!