Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects Representative Sample Size depending on Internal Test Requirement Table ( Per Procurement Specification )
- Selects Representative Sample size for Metallurgical Inspection
- Selects Representative Sample size for Mechanical Test Inspection
- Cuts Representative Samples per Test Requirements Table ( per Proc. Spec)
- Mounts and Polishes Samples to be evaluated in the 100x Microscope
- Verifies Representative Samples for CARBURIZATION / DE CARBURIZATION after Heat Treat
- Makes Complete Mechanical Test Inspection for Mechanical Test ( Single, Double Shear, Tensile)
- Makes Mechanical Test for Hardness, Micro Hardness (as required) Stress Durability, Rupture per Internal Test Requirements
- Performs Mount Polishing per Corresponding Micro Examination using corresponding Etchant.
- Write Laboratory Reports
- Assist in directing other employees to prepare samples and use of equipment.
Skills and Formal Training Requirements/Experience
(3 + YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)
- Knowledge of Metallurgical Testing Procedure for Aerospace Externally Thread Fasteners
- Knowledge of Metallurgical Sample Preparation IAW ASTM E407
- Knowledge of Aerospace Alloy, Stainless, Titanium Fasteners and their Test Methods
- Knowledge of Occupational Hazards and Safety Precautions
- Ability to select, prepare and examine Metallurgical samples
- Ability to Determine type of Discontinuities in Externally Threaded Fasteners
- Ability to evaluate situation and make Recommendations or Decisions.
- Ability to provide basic instructions to others on the use of Various Inspection Tools
- Ability to work and establish a Safe and Effective working relationship with Other and Management.
California Screw Products Corporation is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R