Position Title: Hot Forge Operator
Reports To (Title): Production Manager
Basic Purpose and Objective
Sets up, operates and troubleshoots the Hot Forge machines to manufacture fasteners according to department procedures to ensure conforming parts are being produced.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows sequence of operations and methods of set up in accordance with written and verbal instructions.
- Selects and installs appropriate tooling for setup and operation such as punches, lower and upper dies and heating coil.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems when they arise.
- Determine the planning and operation of various jobs for each machine.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines.
- Inspects fasteners to verify conformance with specifications and blueprints using precision measuring devices.
- Check for proper placement of all safety guards.
- Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts and tooling instructions.
- Recognize improper machine function and take corrective action. Notifies supervisor or Lead person of major malfunctions.
- Obtains specifications for work required on fasteners by reading router and OP drawing.
- Selects proper tooling and inspection gages.
- Knowledge in statistical process control program (SPC).
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Formal Training Requirements/Experience
- Able to read, comprehend, and execute directions from mechanical drawings.
- Able to measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.