Lamsco West, Inc is a premier manufacturer and supplier of Aerospace and Defense specialty metallic and non-metallic detail parts such as: shims, machined parts, sheet metal, assemblies, solid and laminated stock shim stock, panels and value-added services. Lamsco is the World Leader Manufacture of Aerospace Shims. The holder of many prestigious performance awards for exemplary quality and delivery ratings, Lamsco’s integrated business systems are the most sophisticated in use in the industry today. Lamsco’s class-leading systems are complemented by state-of-the-art factory equipment and controls, which make extensive use of electronic visual displays for monitoring performance and efficiency in real time at each production cell. Lamsco holds approvals from all North American airframe manufacturers and their major tier one suppliers and has expertise in managing complex, high-volume logistics, including EDI-controlled min/max systems. Lamsco West is part of Avantus Aerospace.
At Lamsco, our customers are the reason of our business. Ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying their unique requirements is the reason of our success. This role is critical to our organization. We strive to offer premier customer service by augmenting key relationship and maintaining an excellent customer experience. We develop a state of art system and processes that allow us to support this vision. If you want to advance your career with a global footprint and contributing to a vision focused on customer success and respect for employees, then apply to this opportunity.
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for creating engineering plans / job traveler instructions to the manufacturing floor. They will ensure part compliance with customer documentation and will provide support to our Estimating, Quality, Purchasing, and Machine Operators.
- This role reports directly to the Director of Engineering
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Create engineering plans / job traveler operating instructions to the manufacturing floor. Must utilize knowledge of in-house manufacturing capabilities and specification requirements, as well as outside manufacturing opportunities to produce a cohesive work instruction plan.
- In-house manufacturing capabilities.
- Machines, processes, techniques, achievable tolerances, etcâ¦
- Specification requirements
- Analyze parts lists, drawings, models, etcâ¦ and relevant customer standards and specifications.
- Heat treat, finishes, specialized machining capabilities.
Can act as a liaison/focal between the manufacturing shop, purchasing, advanced CNC programming, estimating, and customer service departments. Will grow to be able to answer any questions about manufacturing methods and part requirements.
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Requirements: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITRA defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen U.S. Permanent Resident (ie. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering documents, Bill of Materials (BOMs), drawings, parts lists, specifications, etcâ¦
- Basic understanding of geometric design & tolerancing (GD&T)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter able to manage a personal workload with a demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
- Apply now and be part of the Lamsco Team
Lamsco West is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R
Rev 12/04/2020 by SK & C.P