The CMM Operator mounts or installs tools, attachments, fixtures, or work pieces on CMM. Operates CMM equipment to perform measurement, inspection, and testing of production materials and components using previously prepared inspection programs. Being a CMM Operator documents and reports non-conforming materials as required. Performs in-process or final inspections. In addition, CMM Operator reads and interprets blueprints and specifications. May require an associate’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a CMM Operator occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Working as a CMM Operator typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Lamsco West, Inc. is a premier aerospace manufacturer of shims and detailed parts. Lamsco is the largest single manufacturer of aerospace shims and laminated shim stock in the world. The holder of many prestigious performance accolades for exemplary quality and delivery ratings, Lamsco’s integrated business systems are the most sophisticated in use in the industry today. Lamsco’s class-leading systems are complemented by state-of-the-art factory controls, which make extensive use of electronic visual displays for monitoring performance and efficiency in real time at each production cell. Lamsco holds approvals from all North American airframe manufacturers and their major tier one suppliers and has expertise in managing complex, high-volume logistics, including EDI-controlled min/max systems. Lamsco West Inc. is part of The Avantus Aerospace Group.
At Lamsco West Inc, our customers are the reason of our business. Ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying their unique requirements is the reason of our success. This role is critical to our organization. We strive to offer premier customer service by augmenting key relationship and maintaining an excellent customer experience. We have developed a state-of-the-art system and processes that allow us to support this vision. If you want to advance your career with a global footprint and contributing to a vision focused on customer success, then apply to this opportunity.
- Direct Line â Quality Director
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect manufacturing & assembly drawings;
- Operates CMM equipment to inspect parts per engineering specifications;
- Determine quality (Pass/Fail) of manufactured parts based on dimensional and visual inspection;
- Complete and maintain detailed and accurate dimensional inspection reports and analysis of inspection data;
- Maintain safety and quality standards using acceptable housekeeping practices and 5s processes on equipment and work area;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Be responsible for the operation and upkeep of all the measuring equipment, including calibration;
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
- Highly organized with a high level of integrity;
- Experience in the parts approval process and first article inspections;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Extremely reliable and very trustworthy;
- Reading & interpreting engineering drawings and technical specifications;
- Good time management & planning skills;
- Knowledge of PC DMIS software;
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation for newly hired employees
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Apply now and be part of the Lamsco Team