We are an Aerospace Manufacturing facility specializing in Fasteners, located in North Hollywood, CA, with an immediate opening for an experienced Centerless Grinder operator proficient at both Automatic and Manual operations.
Required skills include the ability to set-up and perform precision grinding operations independently and accurately within machine capacity and capability, to include:
- Having knowledge of grinding TD, angle head and button head parts and understanding of head protrusion gauging.
- Demonstrated ability to perform hand feeding using a head stop for profile grinding.
- Be proficient at setup and troubleshooting loading system for the auto grinders.
- Able to select tooling and fixtures pertaining to the grinding operation.
- Inspect parts for quality and appropriate tolerance using measuring tools such as micrometers, gauge blocks, protrusion gauge, millimes gauge, calipers, and comparators.
- Determine proper feed and speed combination.
- Record the piece count and run time of the production times.
- Able to recognizes improper machine functioning and makes required adjustments if possible.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in reading and interpreting blueprints and overlays.
- Demonstrated ability to use SPC and shop floor data collection systems.
Additional Skills include:
- Ability to read, comprehend, and execute directions from mechanical drawings.
- Be able to measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.