Technical Drafter and Data Control
Lamsco West, Inc is a premier manufacturer and supplier for Aerospace and Defense specialty metallic and non-metallic machined parts, assemblies, solid and laminated stock and value-added services. Lamsco is the World Leader Manufacture of Aerospace Shims. The holder of many prestigious performance awards for exemplary quality and delivery ratings, Lamsco’s integrated business systems are the most sophisticated in use in the industry today. Lamsco’s class-leading systems are complemented by state-of-the-art factory equipment and controls, which make extensive use of electronic visual displays for monitoring performance and efficiency in real time at each production cell. Lamsco holds approvals from all North American airframe manufacturers and their major tier one suppliers and has expertise in managing complex, high-volume logistics, including EDI-controlled min/max systems. Lamsco West is part of Avantus Aerospace.
At Lamsco, our customers are the reason of our business. Ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying their unique requirements is the reason of our success. This role is critical to our organization. We serve major customers such as Boeing, Northrop, Lockheed, Collins Aerospace, Mitsubishi, Airbus, Embraer, Honda, Spirt, Bombardier, Kawasaki, Subaru, etc. We strive to offer premier customer service by augmenting key relationship and maintaining an excellent customer experience. We develop a state of art system and processes that allow us to support this vision. If you want to advance your career with a global footprint and contributing to a vision focused on customer success and respect for employees, then apply to this opportunity.
We are seeking an accomplished Technical Drafter with knowledge of CATIA V5 equipment to create 2D and 3D layouts, detail drawings, sketches and diagrams. Details include all views and dimensions key to manufacturing superior parts for our customers. Individual will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with customer (Digital Product Definition) DPD procedures.
- Direct Line â Technical Data Supervisor
- Dotted Line â Director Process Engineering
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (CATIA V5 2D Drawing) equipment and software to develop part layouts.
- Converts existing production drawings to AutoCAD/CATIA 2D Drawing.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop part layouts.
- Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts or notes provided by engineering.
- Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices
- Combines various details from sketches, drawings, or blueprints and makes required calculations.
- Works from previous drawings, layouts, detailed sketches, notes, verbal instructions, and standard references directed by engineers.
- Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
- Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation.
- Works with system management including file maintenance, backup and storage.
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawings, checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure/ project, ensuring completeness, clarity, and accuracy.
- Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machined parts and products.
Other Job Duties:
- Organizes drawings as packages to be used for quoting and other needs for manufacturing purposes.
- Maintains and organizes drawings.
- Prints/files engineering documents them according to instructions.
- Empties mylar boxes and file mylars; maintains mylar cabinets.
- Creates labels to establish and organize files in filing cabinets.
- Scans documents/mylars into Lamsco Manager system (ERP).
- Oversees/maintains 5 S procedures in Engineering Department.
- Supports and handles all LMT/MYLAR requests for manufacturing.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Requirements: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience with the development, management, and release of drawing packages, including performing drawing reviews and leading drawings through the release process
- At least one (1) years of current CATIA V5 2D/3D design and drafting experience
- High school diploma and Associate degree (A.A.) in Computer Aided Drafting from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Must have high skill level in AutoCAD mechanical software
- Strong expertise in mechanical design and subsystems packaging
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to read blueprints and have experience using GD&T
- Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to be able to read and interpret documents (i.e., safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, procedure manuals)
- Ability to write routine reports, operating instructions and correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Adobe PDF
- Track record of performing the job safely and complying with company safety rules and procedures
- Has a track record of getting along well with others
- Must be a self-starter, able to manage personal workload with a demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
- Must be customer oriented and driven to meet or exceed expectations
- Must be able to work scheduled shift and meet company attendance requirements
- Must be able to work extra hours and/or modify work hours on short notice if production deadlines require it
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Correctable vision and hearing
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, hear, talk, bend waist and neck, squat, twist neck and waist, use hands to grasp, manipulate, push, pull and reach and able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver successfully through a 37,500 square foot, manufacturing facility with mezzanines
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation for newly hired employees
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
And more:: Apply now and be part of the Lamsco Team!
Lamsco West is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R