Lamsco West, Inc. is looking for an experienced full time Quality Director.
We are based in a modern, high-quality 75,000 square feet facility in the I-5 corridor in Santa Clarita, CA, around 45 minutes North of LAX. We have been supplying solid and peelable shims, fillers and other precision components in metallic, engineered plastic and advanced composite materials to a global customer base for many years. We support a broad range of major commercial and military aerospace programmes.
The successful Quality Director candidate will be meticulous about meeting standards and customer expectations and also committed to improving business performance.
You will aim to ensure that every product or service is fit for purpose, consistent and meets external and internal requirements. This includes for legal compliance and customer expectations.
You will coordinate the activities required to meet these quality standards.
Your role will be concerned with:
- monitoring and advising on the performance of the quality management system
- producing quality related data
- reporting on quality performance
- measuring against set quality standards.
You will liaise with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly.
Where appropriate, you will advise on the changes that may be needed to achieve higher performance standards and how to implement them.
You will provide the training, tools and techniques that enable others to achieve the required quality standards.
- Devising or refreshing and implementing quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
- Setting standards for quality
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet national and international standards
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
A Degree in a relevant area, will be particularly helpful, especially if it includes quality management modules.
You will need to demonstrate that you have the following skills:
- communication skills
- the ability to persuade
- interpersonal skills
- problem-solving ability
- organizational and planning skills
- skills in numerical and statistical analysis
- the ability to work as part of a team
- an understanding and appreciation of other people's work disciplines.
Relevant prior experience
An engineering, manufacturing & quality background is required.
Also, experience in the aerospace industry is preferred. This could be in project management or quality control roles, or other areas that help to show you have knowledge of how a company or organization operates.
- 401(k) matching
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Assistance Program
- Basic Life, AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life, AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any type. Opportunities for employment are without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.