JOB TITLE: Metrology Inspector REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
DEPARTMENT: Quality DATE REVISED: March 23, 2021
The Metrology Inspector verifies that aerospace parts meet drawing specifications by using Metrology and Inspection equipment to validate engineering using blueprints and GD&T standards.
- Read and interpret drawings, specifications, and procedures
- Plan and perform FAI, in process, and final inspection
- Prepare, calibrate, and use a variety of mechanical and metrology measuring devices
- Serve as technical resource on quality control and inspection validations
- Perform layout inspections, first piece approvals, in-process inspections, and other aspects of quality control through-out manufacturing processes on daily basis.
- Ensure company, customer quality and processing requirements are satisfied
- Review documentation and release product for shipment, expediting release as needed
- Resolve quality compliance problems with other internal departments
- Facilitate training and certification for company employees as needed
- Assist in other tasks as required
- Aerospace manufacturing experience is required (AS9100), Composite products a plus
- Dimensional inspection proficiency, blueprint reading, and working knowledge of GD&T
- Experience with Articulating Arm and line-scanner inspection (Romer Arm, Faro Arm)
- Experience with Laser Tracker inspection and methodologies (Faro)
- Experience operating a CMM; programming experience a plus.
- Experience with Verisurf software
- Proficiency with visual and dimensional inspections using hand tools (Calipers, Height Gauges)
- Experience performing in-process, final and receiving inspections and related activities
- Experience with fixturing and inspection set up a plus
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Reaching, normally at shoulder level or just below, is required for approximately 50% of the time. Occasional over-the-head reaching may be required.
- Lifting and carrying is normally limited to items less than 20 pounds for limited distances.
- Sitting is required approximately 10% of the shift. The remaining 90% of the time is accomplished in a standing/walking position.
- Occasional travel by air and land may be required for training and other reasons.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Performance Plastics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.