Lamsco West, Inc is a premier manufacturer and supplier for Aerospace and Defense specialty metallic and non-metallic machined parts, assemblies, solid and laminated stock and value-added services. Lamsco is the World Leader Manufacture of Aerospace Shims. The holder of many prestigious performance awards for exemplary quality and delivery ratings, Lamsco’s integrated business systems are the most sophisticated in use in the industry today. Lamsco’s class-leading systems are complemented by state-of-the-art factory equipment and controls, which make extensive use of electronic visual displays for monitoring performance and efficiency in real time at each production cell. Lamsco holds approvals from all North American airframe manufacturers and their major tier one suppliers and has expertise in managing complex, high-volume logistics, including EDI-controlled min/max systems. Lamsco West is part of Avantus Aerospace.
At Lamsco, our customers are the reason of our business. Ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying their unique requirements is the reason of our success. This role is critical to our organization. We serve major customers such as Boeing, Northrop, Lockheed, Collins Aerospace, Mitsubishi, Airbus, Embraer, Honda, Spirt, Bombardier, Kawasaki, Subaru, etc. We strive to offer premier customer service by augmenting key relationship and maintaining an excellent customer experience. We develop a state of art system and processes that allow us to support this vision. If you want to advance your career with a global footprint and contributing to a vision focused on customer success and respect for employees, then apply to this opportunity.
The First Article Inspector is responsible for performing first article inspection, generating FAI reports per AS9102 requirements, uploading completed FAI reports into NetInspect, and working with customer source inspectors to ensure part conformity and timely delivery of aerospace products. This role is required to analyze specifications including written statements of work, purchase orders, part/assembly models, drawings, parts lists, bills of material, layouts, etc. and verify all required documentation has been properly interpreted and applied to the part production process. This role requires proven experience with AS9102 requirements and interpreting complex technical drawings and process specifications for precision machined 3 & 5 axis components, sheet metal parts and assemblies. Experienced working with Spirit Aerospace, Boeing Defense, Lockheed, Northrop, Collins Aerospace and other major aerospace suppliers. This role works closely with customer source inspectors as well as the Lamsco production and engineering teams.
- This position reports directly to the Director of Lean and Quality Systems
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets customer specifications, CAD models, purchase orders and blue prints to determine part conformity requirements.
- Performs First Articles in accordance with AS9102 requirements. Gathers all documentation to generate report.
- Inputs FAI results into NetInspect and/or other customer software and completes electronic FAI reports
- Understands GD&T and can perform dimensional inspection on parts.
- Performs Delegated Source Inspection Activities on behalf of Customer, ensuring product complies with the Customer requirements.
- Participates in analysis statistical data from processes to either confirm compliance with established standards or identify deviations from standards
- Conducts examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials and components at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards
- Documents Nonconformance’s (NCMR’s) and coordinates disposition with Quality Engineering.
- Participates in analysis of statistical data from processes to either confirm compliance with established standards or identify deviations from standards
- Prepares and completes all necessary documentation for reporting acceptance/rejection of inspected and/or tested items
- Identifies design, process or other inefficiencies and reports quality concerns and issues
- Conducts internal audits and corrective action follow ups
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Requirements: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- 10+ years of Aerospace & Defense Quality, Engineering, or Manufacturing experience
- 5+ years of First Article Inspection experience for Boeing Defense, Northrop, Lockheed, Collins Aerospace, and/or Spirit Aerospace statements of work
- Ability to interpret Boeing Defense, Northrop, Lockheed, Collins Aerospace, and Spirit Aerospace requirements from purchase orders, CAD models, and drawings
- Extensive knowledge of aerospace manufacturing practices, policies, procedures, and regulations, including AS9100 and AS9102.
- Extensive knowledge of GD&T and ANSI Y 14.5
- Proficient in the use of micrometers, digital height gages, comparators, pin gage, bore gages and other metrology instruments
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to perform price comparisons that include percentage differences.
- Must have good phone skills and the ability to interact professionally with others, both internally and externally.
- Must have good listening skills and the ability to be mindful and attentive to the feedback from customers.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Must be ITAR and EAR compliant.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation for newly hired employees
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
- Apply now and be part of the Lamsco Team
Lamsco West is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R
Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing / Engineering