Document Control Technician
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for retrieving, maintaining, and updating engineering documentation and specifications. They will ensure compliance with customer DPD (Digital Product Definition) procedures and ITAR regulations. They will provide support to our Estimating, Engineering, Quality, and Purchasing departments by acting as a liaison between them and Customer Service, Customer Portals, and industry standard resources.
Create document packages for the Estimating department.
- Review documents provided by customers
- Verify estimating packages have all necessary documents needed for quoting including drawings, models, parts lists, and specifications.
- Acquire any missing documents via requesting from the customer, accessing customer portals, downloading, or purchasing (as needed)
- Organize document packages for ease of use and standardization
Maintain and update existing document and data control system.
- Review and update engineering documents and specifications as needed ensuring up-to-date engineering data
- Ensure DPD and ITAR compliance
- Alert key figures/departments of any changes that affect our products and business
Ensuring documentation for the Engineering department
- Verify repeat orders have up-to-date revisions in the system. Includes requesting documents/access from customer service, downloading from customer portals, purchasing specification, and scanning into the system as required
- Download documentation into ERP system
Provide document packages for purchasing, offloading, and outside processes
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents, BOMs (Bill of Materials), drawings, parts lists, specifications, etcâ¦
- Self-starter able to manage a personal workload with a demonstrated ability to manage time and resources to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software, including MS Office (Word, Excel), PDF, TIFF, JPEG