Director of Business Development & Sales â Lamsco West Inc. / Avantus Aerospace Details Parts Group
Lamsco West, Inc and Bolsan Inc are premier manufacturers and suppliers for Aerospace and Defense specialty C-Class metallic and non-metallic shims, assemblies, sheet metal and machined details, solid and laminated shim stock, and value-added services. The holder of many prestigious performance awards for exemplary quality and delivery ratings, Lamsco’s integrated business systems are the most sophisticated in use in the industry today. Lamsco’s class-leading systems are complemented by state-of-the-art factory equipment and controls, which make extensive use of electronic visual displays for monitoring performance and efficiency in real time at each production cell. Lamsco holds approvals from all North American airframe manufacturers and their major tier one suppliers and has expertise in managing complex, high-volume logistics, including EDI-controlled min/max systems. Lamsco West is part of Avantus Aerospace. Ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying their unique requirements is the reason of our success. This role is critical to our organization. We serve major customers such as Boeing, Northrop, Lockheed, Collins Aerospace, Mitsubishi, Airbus, Embraer, Honda, Spirt, Bombardier, Kawasaki, Subaru, etc. We strive to offer premier customer service by augmenting key relationship and maintaining an excellent customer experience. We develop a state of art system and processes that allow us to support this vision. If you want to advance your career with a global footprint and contributing to a vision focused on customer success and respect for employees, then apply to this opportunity.
Lamsco West Inc. and Bolsan Inc. are part of the Avantus Aerospace Group is looking for an experienced Aerospace C-Class Parts Business Development and Sales professional with recent and active procurement contacts at Lockheed, Northrop, Boeing Defense, Raytheon, General Atomics, Boeing Commercial, Airbus, etc. Current or recent experience doing business with Aerospace and Defense Companies is a must. This position requires availability to travel 50% of the time withing the North America Region. Effective presentations and negotiation skills, analytical thinking, capable to analyze large amounts of data utilizing excel and other tools, calculating margins and establish pricing strategies. Experienced developing business strategies, action plans and executing and delivering results in the form of purchase orders, growth, and good customer relationships. This position work closely with inside sales, estimating, engineering, operations, supply chain and project management teams. The ideally candidate will be based in Los Angeles, CA, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX, or St. Louis. MO. Or centrally located in the US. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R
Primarily responsible and accountable for driving rapid growth of Defense accounts: Lockheed, Boeing Defense, Northrop, General Atomics, etc. and narrow body content in the US with Boeing Commercial and Tier1s by elevating Lamco’s and Bolsan’s performance profile and capabilities with Defense and Narrow Body customers. Also responsible for including the other Avantus businesses where appropriate to capture attractive revenue opportunities for Avantus Group Companies.
- Direct Line â President, Lamsco West Inc.
- Strong Dotted Line âVP BD & Marketing, Avantus Aerospace Group
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops credible customer/program-based market capture plans with specific objectives and milestones for the targeting and securing new work packages, primarily for Lamsco West Inc and Bolsan Inc, but also for other Avantus businesses where appropriate, from both existing and new aerospace customers based in the North America Region.
- Executes market capture plans by planning, conducting, and following up on customer visits as well as orchestrating marketing campaigns tailored for customers.
- Prepares and distributes monthly activity reports containing accurate and salient information on the status of key sales and marketing activities, including discussing successes, failures, opportunities, and progress against goals in achieving agreed market capture plans.
- Provides timely feedback on the market, as well as on competitor and customer intelligence.
- Works with the Business Development team/Commercial Director, VP BD & Marketing and President to define strategic priorities with respect to growth opportunities.
- Works as part of the sales & marketing team on strategic business development initiatives.
- Liaise with other Avantus businesses as appropriate, to prepare revenue line forecasts as part of the normal annual budgeting cycle, in addition to supporting any ad-hoc reforecasting exercises, ensuring these are consistent with higher level market capture plans.
- Projects, manages, and over-sees major bid responses for designated accounts, ensuring a uniform professionalism of response, conformance against RFQ stipulated requirements, risk assessment, and initial contract review (where relevant) as well as providing direction and applying judgement on bid pricing.
- Liaises with program managers, engineering and estimating teams within the Avantus businesses on all NPI projects, as required.
- Follows up/responds to customer queries and requests in a timely, diligent, and professional manner.
- Working closely with the SBUs, assists with the formulation of commercial pricing strategies for entrepreneurial growth and profit maximization.
- Supports the Avantus businesses, professionally and with gravitas, in negotiations with existing and potential new customers.
- To secure the opportunities necessary to achieve aggressive goals in revenue growth
- To grow market share/opportunities with Defense Accounts and Narrow Body platforms.
- To help increase RFQ pipeline and win rate
- To promote Lamsco/Bolsan and the Avantus businesses in the North America Region
- To provide proposal guidance for bids
- To share market and customer intelligence
- To introduce structured market capture planning, and regular sales and marketing activity reporting
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- An understanding of the ways in which commercial/military aerospace OEMs and tier ones conduct business around bid management and related RFQs
- Familiarity with KPIs and performance metrics to measure and monitor progress in achieving objectives
- Comfortable with the hands-on use of IT tools (particularly Microsoft Office)
- Reasonable knowledge of basic aerospace engineering concepts and a good understanding of the manufacturing processes used to produce laminated material, and engineered details (Machined and Sheet Metal components)
- Familiarity with common aerospace approvals and the basic requirements of Quality Management Systems
- Responsive and driven, with a strong desire to achieve personal success and a keen sense of competitiveness
- Ability to manage changing priorities and ambiguity, while remaining calm, controlled, and professional
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong, trusting relationships with key customer contacts and mutually supportive relationships internally
- Well organized and used to domestic and international travel
- Must be intelligent, articulate, charismatic, and possess good emotional intelligence to get the best out relationships with customer and colleagues
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation for newly hired employees
- 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
- Apply now and be part of the Lamsco Team
Lamsco West is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22.C.F.R