Bolsan Company Inc. is looking for a Conventional/Manual Machinist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of conventional manual milling, lathe and punch press operation in the delivery of Bolsan products. This will be achieved by performing setup, operation and maintaining mills, lathes and other production equipment, with a measure of performance in LEAN and guidance to engineering and sales departments.
Duties will include:
- Set-up and select tooling with correct speeds and feeds, to run conventional knee mills and conventional lathes in a safe manner.
- Setup and run Bliss Punch Presses in a safe manner.
- Experience in manufacturing R&D or Tooling Die products
- Use of micrometers, calipers, pin gauges and any other inspection equipment.
- Knowledge of ASME14.5 and GD&T tolerancing.
- Read and understand technical/engineering drawings and related documentations such as condition of supply and engineering change notes.
- Provide guidance to and advice engineering and sales staff to ensure designs and request for quotes are fit to manufacture.
- Estimate and record product cost throughout the design lifecycle and provide suggestions to the project team to reduce the cost through design changes, material selection, tooling investment and manufacturing processes.
- Determine the most optimum and efficient manufacturing processes pertaining to all work centers, which includes operation sequences for internal bill of materials. This needs to be tracked, updated and reviewed throughout the lifecycle of the bid/project.
- Assist with the development, evaluation and implementation of manufacturing processes, procedures and best practices to improve quality, reliability and productivity by using LEAN methodologies.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Coordinate activities associated with "first article build" of new products, ensuring that fabricated items are traceable to documented standards at the time of release of product into the production mode.
- Develop and/or adapt inspection equipment to meet quality control standards, make suggestions with regard to procedures, standards and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures that are communicated and implemented within the company.
- Perform basic office functions as needed and maintain a clean organized work area and records.
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing tooling and dies or R&D products.
- At least 5 years’ experience in setting up and running conventional mills, lathes, and other production equipment.
- Knowledge of ASME14.5 and GD&T tolerances.
- Use of micrometers, calipers, pin gauges and inspection devices.
- Very good understanding of fabrication, assembly and complex machining processes.
- Experience in cost estimating.
- Understanding of engineering drawings, tooling requirements, configuration management, project life-cycle, and lean manufacturing.
- Must be able to multitask and have strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills including both verbally and written form.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy objects.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft excel and word.
Pay rate is $25 per hour, negotiable base don experience.
- Paid holidays
- Climate controlled manufacturing environment (heat and AC),
Monday-Friday: 7am to 3pm. Over time as required, including Saturdays
Bolsan is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work force and a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
This position requires use of information which is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by 22 C.F.R.