Open Position for Temp for Potential Hire at Lamsco West, Inc. as of 09/21/2021
CNC Mill Machinist (1st & 2nd Shift Available)
WILL START ASAP TO TRAIN ON DAY SHIFT AND THEN WILL GO TO SECOND SHIFT [1:30 PM TILL 10:00 PM]
The CNC Mill Machinist will provide support to the manufacturing function in all aspects of his/her assigned responsibilities. This includes operating and set-up 3, 4 and 5 axis machines, recommending and selecting cutting tools, and inspecting parts he/she manufactures. This is an hourly position that reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Make adjustment to CNC programs under the supervision of the department lead and communicate all changes to the programming team
- Sets-up orders and indicates all tools and fixtures
- Changes tools when needed
- Works with tight tolerances +/-.
- Machines parts made from stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, lnconel, including some plastics such as Delrin. Also, machines GFRP and CFRP composite
- Assists the department lead in troubleshooting and problem-solving technical issues within the CNC
- Interacts daily with management, quality, and production to ensure company goals are
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- High school graduate or equivalent; prefer Associate's degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical
- Must have minimum three years of related machining experience, preferably on Doosan and Haas CNC milling machines. CNC Lathe experience is a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with high level attention to detai
- Must be able to work scheduled shift and meet company attendance requirements, including being flexible to come in early and/or stay late, or modify work hours on short notice, if production deadlines require
- Must be able to work effectively with
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong math skills including the ability to perform measurement conversion; ability to understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work
- Correctable vision and
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, hear, talk, bend waist and neck, squat, twist neck and waist, use hands to grasp, manipulate, push, pull and reach and able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver successfully through a two-story 75,000 square foot manufacturing facility.