CMM Inspector

POSITION SUMMARY: The CMM Inspector verifies that aerospace parts meet drawing specifications by utilizing tolerance measurement tools and GD&T standards.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Read and interpret drawings, specifications, and proceduresPlan and perform FAI, in process, and final inspectionPrepare, calibrate and use a variety of measuring devicesServe as technical resource on quality controlEnsure company, customer quality and processing requirements are satisfiedReview documentation and release product for shipment, expediting release as neededResolve quality compliance problems with other internal departmentsFacilitate training and certification for company employees as neededAssist in other tasks as required BASIC REQUIREMENTS: Aerospace manufacturing experience is required (AS9100), composite products a plus.Dimensional inspection proficiency, blueprint reading and knowledge of GD&T.Experience with Articulating Arm Inspection (Romer Arm, Faro Arm).Experience operating CMM, programming experience a plus but not required.Experience with Verisurf software preferred but not required.Proficiency with visual and dimensional inspections using hand tools (Calipers, Height Gauges)Experience performing in-process, final and receiving inspections and related activities.PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Able to work overtime when required.Reaching, normally at shoulder level or just below, is required for approximately 50% of the time. Occasional over-the-head reaching may be required.Lifting and carrying is normally limited to items less than 20 pounds for limited distances.Sitting is required approximately 10% of the shift. The remaining 90% of the time is accomplished in a standing/walking position. Occasional travel by air and land may be required for training and other reasons.ITAR RequirementThis position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. EEO StatementPerformance Plastics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.  25 AUD San Diego